Our school is set in its own grounds in the heart of Christow, a village in the Teign Valley, which lies on the edge of Dartmoor National Park. Currently, we have over eighty children on roll.
Our school is a safe and caring place, where success is rewarded, all individuals are valued, and strong, friendly partnership are promoted between home, school and the community.
There is no substitute for personal contact and you are warmly welcomed to discuss any queries you may have with staff, governors or other parents.
ETHOS, AIMS AND VALUES
The school’s ethos originates in the desire to establish in the daily lives of members of the school community the principles of Care, Compassion, Consideration, Co-operation and Commitment. We hope thereby to strive for fulfilment and achievement for everyone within the school, whatever their needs or talents, to extend those same principles to understand our place as world citizens, and to take responsibility for our own actions.
Our aims are:
– To develop in children lively, enquiring minds together with a positive wish to learn, to question, to argue rationally and to apply themselves intelligently to tasks
– To develop the children’s self confidence, independence and understanding of themselves and others so that as children and adults they can play a fulfilling role in a multicultural society
– To provide a rich and diverse curriculum to enable the fullest development of the child’s skills, attitude, concepts and knowledge
– To provide a safe, secure environment which facilitates effective teaching and learning and which reflects the school’s commitment to maintaining ecologically sound principles
– To recognise each child’s potential and create opportunities to develop and celebrate individual skills and talents
At the heart of the process lies the child. No advances in policy making or the acquisition of new resources will have the desired effect unless they are in harmony with the needs of the child
Head of Christow Community Primary School